Do self-care and personal development hold a place in your daily priorities? What meanings do these terms hold for you?
For some, this is an important daily activity in their routine that must be adhered to.
Others, set aside time once a week, or even month, to take a few precious moments to focus.
However and whenever this time fits in, it must not be excluded…
Or dare we say underestimated!
What is self care?
specifically: health care provided by oneself often without the consultation of a medical professionalMerriamWebster.com
In celebration of this special time that each and every one of us deserves, and more specifically, the most popular day of the week for taking a few moments to care for one’s own needs and personal development…
The following collection of self-care gifts and tools have been gathered for you to explore!
“An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.”~ Unknown (Credits: developgoodhabits.com)
How much time do you spend focusing on personal growth and development?
What activities are included in your persoanl routine?
Need a little motivation to help get started?
Dip into this list of ways to practice self-care:
- Write a list of activities you would like to try and try them!
- Gather a list of books you would like to read, podcasts to listen to, or things you would like to learn more about and set goals to get started.
- Read the books and listen to the podcasts.
- Start a daily journal, or freewriting time to gather your thoughts, and stick with it.
- And lastly (but should most definitely be placed ‘firstly’) EXERCISE, daily!
Have a self care activity that missed the list?
Add it to the blog post via the comments below!
Quote of the Day:
“When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.”Credits: Jean Shinoda Bolen